AEDARSA is a non-profit organization established in 1996 under the Government Organization Act of Alberta. We do not provide consulting, construction or maintenance services. Working closely with Alberta Municipal Affairs and the Safety Codes Council of Alberta, AEDARSA administers and enforces public safety laws according to our mandate:
- Providing information and resources to those installing elevating devices, amusement rides, and passenger ropeways
- Reviewing all plans to ensure they meet safety requirements and codes
- Conducting inspections/granting acceptance of all newly installed or renovated elevating devices, amusement rides, and passenger ropeways in Alberta
- Investigating all accidents and making recommendations for changes where required
- Managing and maintaining permanent records related to all delegated functions and devices
- Providing technical advice, education and applicable codes and standards
- Conducting all in-service inspections on elevating devices, amusement rides, and passenger ropeways in Alberta
In addition, AEDARSA is certified with the Safety Codes Council to perform in-service safety inspections on existing elevating devices along with other accredited agencies. An owner/agent may choose any accredited agency for their in-service Inspection.
AEDARSA works in collaboration with a number of national, provincial, and local safety organizations. Learn more by visiting their websites:
AEDARSA’s full-time staff continues to grow to meet the needs of our stakeholders. Our veteran team works closely with building owners, agents, and stakeholders to provide a variety of safety services including licensing and registration, inspections, training, design review and public education.
Chief Executive Officer
Vice President of Operations
Manager Finance and Administration
Customer Service Support North
Customer Service Support South